Liverpool Amity Fest



I know it’s been over a week since Amity Fest happened and I have been meaning to tell you all about. I just haven’t got round to do it till now, so sorry about that.
It was the most amazing fun night I’ve ever had. I’ve not really been to many ‘gigs’, or whatever you might call it. Even music gigs, I’ve only ever been to 2 music shows and they have both been outside. So this was a new experience for me. And I loved every minute of it!

First of I decided to wear my orange Marky Butt Butt t-shirt, how could I not?! Then I got my cat ears out and crimped my hair. Although because I crimped it first thing that morning, it wasn’t as crazy later that night. Then me, Cerys, her mum Gill and dad Steve, all went into Liverpool for the day. Me and Cerys actually met up with two of my old friends I hadn’t seen in a long time, they were on a little holiday exploring.

So by the time we left them and joined Gill and Steve again, plus ate something, it was just after 5 when the two of us finally started cueing at the o2 Academy. There had been girls there queuing since early morning so the line was already quite long just less than 2 hours before doors were meant to be opened. But as our feet, back and legs aches for standing for so long, we were glad we got there when we did because the queue got bigger and bigger. It went all around the corner of the street! The doors were a bit late opening at 7 and then one of the security guys at the doors commented that we should look more happy now we were going in. He didn’t ache! But he was nice enough to call me cat lady so I didn’t mind in the end.

The minute Caspar, Marcus, Zoe, Jim, Louise, Niomi, Tanya and Alfie walked out, I just couldn’t believe they were actually standing there. It’s like you watch them so many times on a computer screen you actually forgot how real they actually are. Sadly though Joe was ill and couldn’t make it, he didn’t make the Birmingham one the day before either, bad tummy from food poisoning. But the next night in Brighton he got there for the last bit and surprised the rest of them as well as the crowd.
Through the night sometimes we had a good view, sometimes we didn’t. But when I didn’t I got my camera out high and I could see them through that. I filmed quite a lot of it so I shall leave a link of that vlog at the end of the page.  But they had the crowd constantly involved in everything and had some real good fun. It was basically like watched one of their videos but being involved in it all in person at the same time.
We also baked, we were sweating that much I’m sure my t-shirt was soaked after. Yeah nice imagine that. But it was that hot, even Marcus and Alfie kept commenting about it. Alfie took his jumper off being left with a vest on near the beginning and of course the whole crowd screamed. Caspar’s DJ bit at the end was amazing, Joe was meant to join in too so Marcus stepped in, in Joe’s place. He threw glowsticks out which I managed to get hold of own, so that’s gone in my memory box.

The supporting acts were amazing too! Hobbie Stuart, apparently he went to school with Alfie, played guitar and sang. Did some good covers including Only Girl In The World – Rihanna. Then Florrie came on, she sings and plays drums on the stage. But she can also play guitar too. She was amazing at keeping the audience going and really got into it, really lively. Then a type of street dance act came on called Flava that were pretty cool. I tweeted about Amity Fest that night and they tweeted me back twice, favourite my tweets, I had a conversation with them and then followed me! So yeah they were cool to talk to me.

I’m sure they are going to do lots more dates in the future, so I totally recommend you go at the first chance you get. I would love to go again, really wished I could have gone VIP and met them before the show though.

                                     Have you got any gigs or events you’re going to soon?
                                                                    Mo xox

Comments

Popular Posts