Jan & Feb Book Review






Conditional Love: It’s a book I didn’t want to put down when I had to and then ended up staying up late just to finish it. I love stories that could be real life and always have a love somewhere in it. So when I read the back saying how Sophie inherits from a great aunt who has died, it intrigued me. I loved the story between her and the architect, the boyfriend that sucks and deserves to be slapped. Plus the friendship between her and the two sisters she shares a flat with. Plus the crazy mother that lives in Spain. It’s a fun read, learning about all these characters.



Very Big House In The County: It isn’t a book I couldn’t put down but it was good. I liked trying to work out what hidden stories were for each person, what they were hiding. The idea of three families in one big house, with so much going on. It was fun to read and a good idea for a book.



Appleby Farm: Yes it’s another one I refused to put down, knowing I should be going to sleep but thinking I’ll just read one more chapter  and then I’ve read so much I might as well finish it. I honestly loved it so much! Having read Enid Blyton books from a little child, I love farm books, she wrote so many of them. And my mother is in love with the farm life, so I’ve kind of grown fond of it myself. The book had so much feeling to it, it’s a story that drew me in and loved so much. And the last few chapters got to my heart deeply!



The Heavenly Italian Ice Cream Shop: Firstly the talk about the Italian places, mainly Sorrento, is what drew me to this book. But the whole story of how these two sisters started an ice cream shop after inheriting the place from their grandmother after she dies and the stories about their grandmother, so heart warming. Honestly makes me want to have met her myself! There’s drama of course but it’s a story of a family, not just one simple one, it’s like a family from all different branches of a family tree.




                                                                            Mo xox

Comments

Popular Posts