Shopping Antiques and Vintage

So this week I went to a place called Bryn-Y-Grog Hall near Wrexham, I'll leave a link to there website at the bottom. It's basically a huge place filled with antiques and vintage items. From house ware, clothes, books, etc. Just basically anything you can think of, it's probably there! We spent a good hour and a half looking round, having to go back to the beginning and start again in case you missed anything. which you probably did cause I found more things I liked every time I went back to places.

My mum got a whole lot of more things than me, as she says she doesn't get out much to those sort of places so she made the most of it! She really did! I'll show you my items I got, then I'll show you some of my mums.

First of I saw this white wicker laundry basket. I'm trying to get more storage things, mostly baskets, in my room. Plus doing a clear out of stuff at the same time. So I've chucked out my old plastic laundry basket and replaced it with this. It looks a lot nicer! Oh and Tigger approves of his new seat.


 
 
I think my new obsession is tins. I've started collecting different type of tins, I want to start putting all my beads and buttons in them once we've sorted our little room out for space for my jewellery making. I love finding all the different types, shapes, sizes, patterns. These were both £2 each.
 
 
 

 
 
Now there's mums things. Our kitchen is basically green, mum loves everything green in the kitchen. So anything green that can go in the kitchen that she says, most likely she will get.
One of the things she got was the green glass jug. She did originally place it on the window sill by the sink, but I then reminded her that cats go in and out that window. You see the cats seem to knock everything off what ever they go near. So we now have to be careful where things go. Now the glass jug is high up so it's safe.
 

 
 
 
There was a section for gardening and my mum does like gardening, so of course something was bought. I don't know what it is, but I really like watering cans. I think they make a garden look like a proper garden. Say like in Peter Rabbit and he goes into Mr Mcgregor's garden, in the picture you see the vegetable patch, the green house and always the watering can.
 

 
 
I think mum fell in love with this little chicken door stop. She wants her own chickens, actually she wants her own farm. But the chickens are the first thing. And I want a lamb, so you never know in the future, our house might turn into a mini farm.
 

 
 
I wanted to save the best till last, it was actually the first thing we saw and got straight away.
How cute is this wooden child's chair! The little painted doggy just makes it even cuter.
And you could use it for a potty chair too, but I doubt that will happen here haha. You can put the front part behind when you don't need to use it and that just use it as a chair. But it's the perfect chair when my nephew comes over to sit eating his food.
 



 


 

So there you go, some of the things we bought. Hopefully we can do it again sometime.
Enjoy the sun we've been getting this week.
Mo xox
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts