Swinging 60's




I have a huge love for the 60's. I just love how everything changed so sudden, the fashion, the music...it just went bang! Everything about that time makes me want to have been there.
I suppose it started from my mum telling me, since I was a little girl, what it was like. She was a teenager at that time and experienced it all. So when I get her on the subject, she'll talk forever if she can. And I'm quite willing to sit and listen forever.

I knew I needed to do a blog about how much I love the 60's, so yesterday afternoon I cornered my mother and we chatted about all the different musicians, the pop art and once I played certain songs to her, she was showing me certain dance moves while trying not to fall over. Very entertaining!

                                                            My mum in the 60's at art collage

Now I've always had a love for The Beatles. My sister told me that at a early age my first song to sing was a Beatles song. They would sing to me 'She loves you' and I would sing back 'yeah yeah yeah'.
I'm quite proud of that!
I'd have loved to have been in Liverpool at those times and visit the Cavern. I've been to the Cavern once, a few years back. I just took in every moment and loved it. I'm still yet to go to the Beatles museum on Albert Dock, so if anyone is up for going let me know!
I remember singing and dancing along to Gerry & The Pacemakers, when I was coming to my teenage years. The music from then just stands out to me than any other decade, so much that I've had to start a playlist and have it playing on shuffle through the day.
                                                                                                                    

 
 
      The lovely Cilla Black
 

      So if anyone has the same love for the 60's, come have a natter with me!
                                                                                            Mo xox

Comments

Popular Posts